My Life According to Literature (2015)

3.15.2016

| | 2 comments




Oh my word! This has been so much fun to do! Huge thanks and shout out to Kara from Flowers of Quiet Happiness. I think I'm going to be doing this every year starting forward. And, just like Kara, I did this for my 2015 reads only because 2016 has just begun and my reading list is quite short and everything else would take forever for me to decide which ones to put.


Describe yourself: The Reluctant Bachelorette (Rachael Anderson) // I've got to say this made me laugh out loud. The story is about a girl who was "coerced" into a YouTube version of The Bachelorette, but she really, really didn't want to do it because she was still in love with her brother's best friend. I'm not saying that that's my story in any way, but the title sure fits. Stop trying to matchmake me with anyone and everyone, people!

How do you feel today: This Fine Life (Eva Marie Everson),

Describe where you currently live: Among the Nameless Stars (Diana Peterfreund)

If you could go anywhere, you would go to: Rainbow Valley (L.M. Montgomery)

Your favourite form of transportation: Leave It to Chance (Sherri Sand)

Your best friend is: The Truth Seeker (Dee Henderson)

You and your friends are: Lizzy and Jane (Katherine Reay) // That close kind of sisterhood.

What's the weather like: Picture Perfect (Janice Thompson)

You fear: Shadows of the Past (Patricia Bradley), Danger in the Shadows (Dee Henderson)

What's the best advice you have to give: Catch a Falling Star (Beth K. Vogt) // ...and put it in your pocket, never let it fade away.

Thought for the day: Welcome to Last Chance (Cathleen Armstrong)

How would you like to die: Beyond This Moment (Tamera Alexander)

Your soul's present condition: Silenced (Dani Pettrey) // Or rather, what I wish it would be 24/7: a quiet, calm soul.

How about you? What books describe your life?

2 comments:

  1. Aw, yay! I'm a bit late with the comment, but I'm so glad you joined in! And thanks for the shoutout. :)

    So you're a reluctant bachelorette? That explanation made me grin. I feel you, my dear!

    Also, I love that you chose Among the Nameless Stars as where you lived. What a great descriptor!

    Love this, Alyssa. So much! And like you, I think I want to try it again next year. It'll be interesting to see what titles I get to choose from then! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. You're welcome! Thanks for introducing this to me. I'm excited to try it out again with the books I read/will be reading for the year.

      Well, yeah, I am, at some point, a rather reluctant bachelorette...until the right bachelor comes maybe. ;)

      And, yes, when I saw that "Among the Nameless Stars" was in my 2015 read books, I thought it was too good an opportunity to pass up as the place where I live. :D

      Thanks for dropping by and commenting!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...